Riley had asked me to write her a bunch of sentences on a piece of paper for her to read, so I did. This is what I wrote:
I love to go shopping with my momma.
When we go out, Ronan and I are spoiled.
My mom and dad love us.
We are lucky to have them.
I have a stinky butt.
Well, that last one just about made her flip a lid. She had this look of disgust in her face and then immediately yelled at me for making fun of her. Because I was laughing, I couldn't respond and comfort her by saying it was a joke...it was supposed to be funny. Apparently it wasn't funny to Riley at all. She said I was being mean and I hurt her feelings. (Way to go, I know. I guess I'll be paying for that joke in therapy sessions.)
So after hugs and kisses and apologies, Riley went on to say that she is tired of people being mean to her. So of course, I tell her I was kidding (thinking she was spreading on the guilt trip even thicker) only to find out that........
She said it wasn't me, that it was a classmate in school that wasn't being nice to her and then the kicker:
"I guess I'm just a loser."
WHAT!?! It made me feel awful to hear that...and after having a little talk with her, she is fine now and I'm going to be speaking to the teacher tomorrow!...but it was just so sad to hear her say that. Who says that when they are in Kindergarten?
No comments:
Post a Comment