Saturday, April 5, 2008

Ever have one of those moments?

Where you wonder "why?"
Like the other day, I wondered why we spent all this time teaching Ronan to "high-five" us only to have it backfire and now we can't get him to stop hitting! He's probably so confused because we cheered him on at first and now when he hits, we yell at him to stop.
Or why when growing up, they never taught us that there are really five seasons in a year: fall, winter, spring, summer and bathing suit season. And that this fifth season would require the painstaking task of having to try on spandex right after the winter season which included the holidays. So not fun. Yes, I found a couple bathing suits I love, but that didn't come after hearing the sales lady tell me "oh honey, I'll tell ya if you look fat in that."
Or when we ask Riley if she wants something, like ice in her water, and she says yes, and after we get it for her, she says she really didn't want ice...but then wants it after we dump it out.
Or when you finally can shut your eyes for a short nap and the phone rings and you can't find it because your son hides it!
Ahhhh, the joys of everyday life.

No comments: