Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Happy 18-Month Birthday, Ronan! AND Happy Last Day of School, Riley!

I can't believe that 18 months ago, I was propped up on a hospital bed, pushing this little person out of my ************ (haha, I bet you thought I was going to get all nasty-nasty on you! Just kidding!) Honestly, though, the past year and a half have flown by...so much faster than I remember with Riley. Ronan is just so non-stop, and I'm thinking that helps time fly by.
[Here is a picture of Ronan just a few days old.]


Yesterday, we were out at Costco picking up my contacts and I found these tiny little person glasses and could not help buy try them on him while we were waiting. Not that I would ever wish for him to need glasses at this age, but man, was it cute!





And last night, we spent a couple hours playing in the lanai and believe it or not, Riley and Ronan were actually getting along. I got them to pose for a few pictures together and Riley had to get all silly on me.


Today was Riley's last day of Kindergarten. Crazy. She only has at least 12 more years to go! I'm happy we all made it through her first year. She learned to read, add/subtract, cooperate with friends and utilized her artistic abilities with all the projects they did -- and I learned that it's okay for her not to win EVERY award, that I can let her walk into the school building without me escorting her to the door, that one minute she might be best friends with someone and the next minute they tell each other they don't want to be friends...and that I'm only 12 years away from having to pay for college.

[Here is a picture of Riley on her very first day of school. She looks like such a baby doll...]


It has definitely been an experience. I know Riley enjoyed it and she's made some amazing friends. I love how innocent it has all been and how when they are that young, everything rolls off their back and they really know no stress in life. I fear the day that she will have to make tough decisions about classes she has to take and the moments her heart may be broken by people who decide they don't want to be friends anymore (we all know how catty girls can be!)


[And here is Riley this past weekend. Looks like such a difference than just 10 months ago!]

I'm so proud of her for doing so well and I am excited (I'm not being sarcastic, I promise) to be able to spend the entire summer with her and Ronan before she has to start *gasp* the FIRST GRADE!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

I can't believe how much more grown up Riley looks! Ronan too - hee hee. This growing up stuff makes me all sappy!
Mandy

Shelley said...

Congratuations to adorable Riley! ..and that Ronan... what a heartbreaker he will be too