Until we get to see this: (Photo courtesy of fellow disboard member)
We bit the bullet and decided that we absolutely needed to go to Walt Disney World this year -- and we couldn't have planned it better than to book our stay at the Polynesian Resort. Yeah, baby, that's how us Egal's like to roll!
We bit the bullet and decided that we absolutely needed to go to Walt Disney World this year -- and we couldn't have planned it better than to book our stay at the Polynesian Resort. Yeah, baby, that's how us Egal's like to roll! Anyway, the countdown is officially down to one month and being that I'm completely obsessive compulsive, I have to know everything and anything there is about Disney and what we need to do while we are there. This is a first trip for the nuggets and I and the last time Ryan was there, he was a youngin'. I just want it to be perfect. I've been reading the Disney discussion boards for tips and strategies to en joy our trip and make the most of it. All of it can be extremely consuming and overwheming and I am pretty sure Ryan is over me saying, "Oh, at Disney..." and "When we are at Disney...." and "There is this thing we need to do at Disney..."
We know that with two kids, we can't hit all the rides and that's okay. We want them to just have fun. We are eating out every meal, making it a true vacation...and we definitely want to enjoy the resort as much as we can. It's our first real family vacation and it makes up for the honeymoon we skimped on. I guess we could call our Disney Vacamoon. I'm pretty sure the kids will have a blast though. We bought Riley a new princess dress to wear to one of the princess character breakfasts and for Ronan...well, we haven't gotten him anything yet. I'm not sure that he even cares just yet!
I'm just happy to see how excited Riley is for the trip and I think I even have Ryan excited for it when I showed him all the pictures of our resort. We soooooo need this vacation.
If anyone has any advice or tips for us first-times, please post a message. I'd love to get some insider hints. We are taking advantage of the Deluxe Disney Dining Plan, we are getting season passes (so we can park hop at our leisure), I'm going to invest in the PhotoPass and I've got my quarters and penny collection going for the pressed penny machines. What else, what else!?!
2 comments:
Autograph books. The second you get there...or better yet, if you can get them online so you have them in hand. I made this mistake and Chris was devistated until we got one. This sounds like sooo much fun & I wish I were part of the Egal clan!
xoxo T
I agree w/ the autograph books post. They are cheap and they help encourage the kids to approach the characters. I can pick some up early for you if you want. I am a pro at Disney now and have a map of Epcot to help w/ characters and age appropriate rides but forgot to keep the other maps. I am going to AK next week so will grab one of those. I was going to tell you to pack lunches but I guess you got the food package. It's so great for me going w/ two kids and no dh cuz we eat in line waiting for characters and I don't have to waste 45 minutes for lines and eating w/ two cranky kids. Just remember you won't be able to do it all and your kids will most likey get cranky from being tired so just relax, it's normal. : ) At least if you have passes you can always go back later.
Post a Comment